Project Discovery (Talent Search)
Project Discovery is a Talent Search Project funded by the U.S. Department of Education and hosted by Western Carolina University. We serve a cohort of primarily low-income, potential first-generation college students in grades 6-12. All of our services are FREE to participants, but an application is required to be part of the program.
Submit your Project Discovery Application here!
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Connection to high quality tutoring
- Course selection and academic advising
- Financial literacy services
- College application assistance
- Financial aid and scholarship assistance
- ACT/SAT preparation and fee waivers
- College visits
- STEM programs
- Adventure-based learning
- 99% of Project Discovery students graduate from high school in 4 years compared to 88% of non-Project Discovery students.
- 89% of Project Discovery students apply for financial aid using the FAFSA.
- 80% of Project Discovery students complete a rigorous course of study.
- 60% of Project Discovery students go to college compared to 40% of non-Project Discovery students.
- 52% of Project Discovery students graduate college with a degree compared to 11% nationally.
To learn more...
Erin Goodpaster--Project Discovery Outreach Counselor
Email: [email protected]