Please visit the NCDPI Online Licensure website for your licensure needs such as:
- Duplicate Copy of your current Professional Educator's License or Test Scores
- Name Change on your current Professional Educator's License
- Appropriate legal documents to verify the change will be required (copies of marriage certificate, social security card, driver's license)
- Apply for a NC Professional Educator's License
- Renew or Update your NC Professional Educator's License
* Note fees may apply.
The North Carolina Continuing License is valid for a five-year period and must be renewed on June 30 of its year of expiration. Renewal of the continuing license requires at least 8.0 continuing education units (CEUs) or 80 hours, all of which must be earned during the current five-year renewal cycle. Pre-K-12 subject areas, instructional support, and student service areas must follow the renewal requirements listed for the grade span and school level served at the time of renewal.
For questions contact Lavonda Woodring, Swain County Schools' Licensure Specialist, at [email protected] or 828-488-3129 ext. 5128.
You may also contact NCDPI Licensure via email at [email protected] (include your full name and the last 4 numbers of your SSN) or call 1.919.807.3310 Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.